Riten “One-Way” Stock Pushers are designed for positive feed-out and free return. The tension on the return stroke is adjustable by the spring tension against the pads, and must be sufficient so that the pads grip immediately without lost motion on the forward stroke. Too much tension can result in needless friction and wear. The pads are designed to grip only the edges, and not to fit over the full radius of the stock as conventional pushers. This assures a positive grip and scratch free work.
Setting your master Pusher and Pads
- Loosen the knurled locking ring until it stops against the body face.
- Insert a 3 foot piece of bar stock into the pusher with approximately 1” of the bar sticking out past the cap. Make sure the cap is loose enough to allow the bar stock to easily push through the pads.
- Adjust the cap until the tension of the pads on the bar stock is enough to keep the pusher from sliding down the bar, when held in a vertical position.
- Holding the bar vertically with the pusher near the top, raise the bar off the floor 3 to 4 inches.
- While holding the top end of the bar, let the bar drop to the floor. Do not let go of the bar. (For 2″ bar and larger contact Riten.)
- Repeat this process 10 times.
- The pusher should travel down the bar a total of 10 to 12 inches.
- If the pusher doesn’t travel the correct distance, readjust the cap and do the process again.
- Now that the correct tension is set, finger tighten the knurled ring until it touches the cap. Do not use pliers on the knurled ring.
- Hold the knurled ring in place while hand tightening the cap against the ring.
- Finish tightening the cap against the knurled locking ring with a spanner wrench. The cap should turn approximately a quarter to half of a turn.
- Repeat this process for each set of master pushers.